. The album starts off with KING (Kicking Information Never Gratified). It is a cool, Nintendo type beat. Not really feeling the flow on the beat, but I get the retro vibe. My favorite line is "I don't do this for the like shit//I do it because I like it." Every Fucking Time is an EDM track mixed with hip hop perfectly. My favorite line is "It's tik-tok like you listen to Ke$ha." If you don't get that line, get up on your pop music when you can. "Grandma's House" has the best hook on the album. Best one I've heard in a while. My favorite line is "Y'all don't smell me though cuz I don't think my shit stanks too much." Coastin has a cool vibe. My favorite line is "Kinda lit so I'm hoping you ain't got no lighter fluid." Strange Nights is a storytelling track about wild parties. "You would've thought it was Michael Jackson's hair: it was so lit." J-Pegs is one sick bastard! Trap House was a decent track. "I knew I dodged a bullet when my ex said she liked Donald Trump." "As long as I'm alive: I'll give them something to hate." On 50 Trillion J-Pegs states that he's in the music game for money and power. My favorite line was "Titty Boy can keep his two chains." Side Bitch was a dope track and my favorite line was "You should return like a rebate." Another line was "She's just the one that I want, not the one that I need." . Stay Woke is my favorite and dopest track on the whole album. One of my favorite lines is "They said I'm the fire, I say try to smoke me out." Killer beat also. J-Pegs raps "Why should I chop if I can eat them all in one bite?" Long Live the Real was dope as well. My favorite line was "Ashes to ashes- some of you need lotion." Yogi Berra was J-Pegs paying homage to the legendary New York Yankees coach. My favorite line was "The American dream until Columbus took it." Chambers of Secrets is the realest track on the album as J-Pegs raps about the issues going on in his life because "it's cheaper than a therapist." Leave You was a great way to end the album. Bars coming from everywhere. My favorite line was "Their bullshit is what they can never sell me."
.Here are my final thoughts on the album- I give it a eight out of ten. I like the way that it was divided into three parts: Turning Up, Reflecting and Lyrical Madness. I also noticed that on some beats, J- Pegs laid back and let G2G the producer shine through. If you're a fan of party records, deep rap music and lyricism- then this is the album for your ears and it can be found here https://j-pegs.bandcamp.com/album/year-of-the-g-side-b-2 Check it out now and leave your comments below. Stay tuned for another album review on 6 Wheels.
No comments:
Post a Comment